The “Back to Work” Pledge contains five immediate steps that every Councilmember and every candidate should go on-the-record and support:
1. A commitment to lead by example and reopen city hall, return to in-person meetings by November 1, and to ensure all public serving departments are staffed daily.
2. A commitment to bring back visible & active police walking officers downtown immediately.
3. A commitment to temporarily reallocate parking meter fees and taxes to local Business Improvement Districts (BIDs) for increased ambassador presence.
4. A commitment to fund a 900-officer police force. Currently, the force hovers around 680. Even with this increase, OPD’s force would continue to be far lower per capita than most US cities.
5. A commitment to fully implement the unanimously passed encampment management plan immediately.